Matthew A. Tripp
Matt Tripp represents local and national clients in employment and general litigation matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Matt has defended against claims of breach of contract, retaliation, constructive discharge, wrongful termination, disparate treatment, and wage-and-hour violations. In addition to representing clients in litigation, Matt also assists clients with a variety of business and employment issues, such as workplace safety, contract negotiations, disability accommodation, protected leave, wage-and-hour issues, and employee discipline and termination.
Before joining Miller Nash, Matt was an attorney for an international law firm. He also previously clerked for the Honorable Paul Papak of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
Employment Litigation Plus
Obtained summary judgment for an institution of higher education on a former employee's claims of discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation.
Obtained summary judgment for a large retailer on a former employee's claims of discrimination, failure to accommodate, and retaliation.
Obtained complete dismissal for an institution of higher education on an applicant's claims of age discrimination and retaliation.
- Employment At-Will, A State-by State Survey, Regional Editor
- Employment Law Alliance, Oregon Representative
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association
- Section of Labor and Employment Law, Member
- Coos Bay Oregon Law Center/Central Oregon Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO), Miller Nash Expungement Clinic Pro Bono Attorney, 2022-present
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® (Portland, OR)
- Labor and Employment Law—Management, 2022-present
- Litigation—Labor and Employment, 2021-present
- Selected for inclusion as an Oregon Super Lawyer—Rising Star, 2022-present
Outside the Office
Matt enjoys cooking, traveling, hiking, reading, and entertaining friends and family.