Christine A. Slattery
Christine Slattery is a seasoned employment attorney who counsels Oregon and Washington employers on a wide variety of employment-related issues, including high-risk terminations, employee handbooks, wage and hour issues, family and medical leave, and compliance with state and federal laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. She also has particularly deep experience conducting independent workplace investigations related to sexual harassment; age, race, and gender discrimination; FMLA or state-leave protections; retaliation; and allegations of violations related to corporate policies.
Christine is experienced in providing in-depth workplace trainings for management and non-management employees on a wide range of topics, including sexual harassment in the #metoo era; comprehensive anti-discrimination and harassment practices; combating unconscious bias; diversity and inclusion; employee engagement; and maintaining a respectful workplace.
Christine previously practiced as an employment litigator, where much of the litigation she handled was the result of improperly managed internal complaints, employees and company representatives who were unaware of their legal obligations, or employers who had failed to seek assistance prior to making important decisions. Christine then developed a practical, results-driven approach as she transitioned her litigation practice to focus on a proactive approach to employment advice, counseling, training, and independent workplace investigations.
Christine is licensed in both Oregon and Washington and holds a certificate from the Association of Workplace Investigators, an organization dedicated to promoting and enhancing the quality of impartial workplace investigations.
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Association of Workplace Investigators, Member
- AWI Investigators Virtual Training Institute, 2022 Part-Time Faculty Member
- Portland Human Resources Management Association, Member
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- Selected for inclusion as an Oregon Super Lawyer—Rising Star, 2013-2017
Insights from Christine
- “Workplace Investigations: Dos and Don’ts,” Association of Workplace Investigators Webinar (May 2023)
- “Pay Transparency: Employer Requirements and Proactive Strategies,” Miller Nash Employment Law in Motion webinar (Apr. 2023)
- “Workplace Investigations: Best Practices for the Public Sector,” Oregon Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Annual Meeting (Dec. 2022)
- “Hot Topics & FAQs,” Miller Nash, The Latest COVID-19 Guidance for Employers: Vaccine Mandates and Accommodations Webinar (Feb. 2022)
- “Pay Equity,” Miller Nash, Employment Law Seminar (Dec. 2021)