Jess D. Osborne
Jess Osborne represents public, private, and nonprofit employers in a variety of employment and labor relations matters. She guides employers through a myriad of issues, including compliance with employment law statutes, challenges with organizational change, organized workforce questions, and conducting workplace investigations. Jess also represents clients in employment litigation matters related to wrongful discharge, wage and hour, and other related areas.
In her labor relations practice, Jess assists clients with contract negotiations and administration and negotiating collective bargaining agreements. She also represents employers in labor arbitrations and before the National Labor Relations Board.
Before joining Miller Nash, Jess practiced at a boutique employment and labor firm after working as a litigator with national law firms where she represented clients in a variety of areas, including legal ethics and risk management, mass torts, complex commercial, and employment law. Jess is an active volunteer with many community and industry organizations, with a specific dedication to supporting the LGBTQIA+ communities.
- OGALLA—Oregon’s LGBTQIA+ Bar Association, Member, 2012-present
- Bill and Ann Shepard Scholarship Committee, 2014-present
- Board of Directors, 2012-2019
- Owen M. Panner Inn of Courts, Member, 2018-present
- Executive Committee, 2022-present
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Diversity Scholarship Subcommittee, 2013-2015
- Portland Gay Men’s Chorus, Board of Directors, 2023-present
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Associate Committee, Member, 2018-present
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch® (Portland, OR)
- Labor and Employment Law—Management, 2021-present
- Litigation—Labor and Employment, 2021-present