Eva Novick is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM) and a member of the firm’s privacy & data security team. Eva advises clients, both business and individual, on complying with U.S. and international data privacy laws, and remediating and responding to data security incidents. Eva has extensive knowledge and experience in matters of privacy and data security, including enforcing consumer protection laws against particular industries. She works closely with clients on compliance with state and federal privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (CCPA/CPRA), and international laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Prior to private practice, Eva dedicated nearly two decades of her career to the Oregon Department of Justice (DOJ). During this time, she was able to gain a substantial amount of skill and expertise regarding matters of privacy, data security, and consumer protection. During her time with the Oregon DOJ, Eva led settlement negotiations in Oregon-specific and multistate actions and resolved over 400 investigations, which resulted in distributing over $1 billion in restitution.
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), 2022
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E), 2022
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), 2020
- Oregon State Bar, Technology Law Section, Executive Committee Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member
- Tumwater Middle School Parent Teacher Organization, Secretary
- Cedar Mill Elementary School Parent Teacher Club, Secretary
Outside the Office
Although a huge fan of North Carolina summers, Eva spends most of the year huddled under a waterproof blanket to cheer at girls' soccer games. She also enjoys reading novels and traveling.