Jesús Miguel Palomares
Jesús Palomares is a partner in the firm’s bankruptcy & creditors’ rights practice team who brings experience, diligence, and solutions to clients across the debtor-creditor landscape. Jesús advises businesses and individuals on business bankruptcy, enforcement of security interests, and commercial disputes in state and federal court. Whether it be an informal negotiation or full-blown litigation, Jesús provides a solutions-oriented approach to find the best outcome for clients.
Jesús represents secured lenders and other lienholders in bankruptcy court in Chapter 11 and 7 proceedings, including plan confirmation disputes, non-dischargeability and lien avoidance actions, and post-discharge matters. He also represents receivers, lenders, construction lienholders, surety bond claimholders, and property owners in state court on loan and contract disputes, fraudulent transfers, foreclosures, loan modifications, receivership actions, and collateral enforcement issues. Jesús is fluent in Spanish. Before joining the firm, Jesús was a summer clerk at Hogan Lovells BSTL, S.C., one of Mexico’s leading law firms.
Represented general receiver for defunct mortgage lender in recovery of defaulted loans dating back to 2005.
Successful defense of national mortgage solutions provider against various tort claims brought by plaintiff.
Represented regional secured lender in successful recovery of charged-off loan portfolio previously deemed non-recoverable.
Represented national secured lender in contested Chapter 11 in restructuring and obtaining full recovery from debtor through sales of assets and settlements.
Represented private client in state court to successfully vacate default judgment for adverse possession; reached favorable settlement providing client with desired property rights.
Property/Boundary Disputes Plus
Represented private client and successfully recovered funds from federal government in civil asset forfeiture proceeding under the Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act (CAFRA).
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington, Thomas T. Glover Mediation Program, Executive Committee Member, 2019-present
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2016-present
- Latina/o Bar Association of Washington, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® (Seattle, WA)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021-present
- Litigation—Bankruptcy, 2021-present
- Selected for inclusion as a Washington Super Lawyer—Rising Stars, 2017-present
Outside the Office
Jesús enjoys cooking, Oregon Ducks football, the “real” football, travel, and new languages.