Sarah Chicoine is a member of the firm’s employee benefits team and privacy & data security team.
As a member of the employee benefits team, Sarah focuses her practice on individually designed plan documents, summary plan descriptions (SPDs), and participant notices for all types of deferred compensation and health and welfare plans. She also advises public and private employers on benefit plan issues, such as ERISA compliance and plan administration.
In her privacy & data security practice, Sarah advises clients regarding U.S. and international data privacy law compliance issues, which includes drafting consumer-facing privacy policies and terms and responding to data security incidents. Sarah also advises clients on issues pertaining to consumer protection laws.
During law school, Sarah worked with private and public groups within the healthcare industry, including the healthcare team at the University of Washington division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office and the Washington State Hospital Association. Prior to law school, Sarah worked as an analyst and project manager in the technology industry.
- Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Seattle Chapter, member
- Legal extern, the Honorable Anne Cruser, Washington State Court of Appeals, Division Two, 2021
- Legal extern, Washington State Hospital Association, 2019 - 2020
- Law clerk, Washington State Attorney General's Office, University of Washington division, 2019
- Seattle Humane Society, past volunteer
Outside the Office
Sarah enjoys spending time outside, often running with her dog or working on her golf game with her husband. Sarah is also a proud roommate to two cats, who prefer when she spends time inside.