David C. Neu
David Neu focuses his practice on restructuring and insolvency. He represents debtors, trustees, committees, and asset-purchasers in bankruptcy proceedings and litigation, as well as creditors in Chapter 11, 7, and 13 proceedings. David regularly represents lenders and borrowers in out-of-court workout negotiations and foreclosure proceedings, and also represents receivers and creditors in state court receivership actions. His previous experience as an investment wholesaler for SAFECO Investment Company and SAFECO Life Company gives him unique perspectives into general business and finance matters.
As a respected leader in the bankruptcy and creditors’ rights field, he has held leadership positions in important industry organizations like The Turnaround Management Association and CENTS (Consumer Education and Training Services).
Prior to Joining Miller Nash LLP Plus
Court appointed examiner in In re Archer USA, Inc., U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington.
Represented Creditors Committee in Trident Water Works.
Represented Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, Inc. in its Chapter 11 reorganization and court approved sale of its business.
Represented Entranco, Inc. in its Chapter 11 reorganization and court approved sale of its business.
Represented primary secured lender in bankruptcy of Chelsea Investment, Inc.
Represented Metawave Communications, Inc. in its Chapter 11 liquidation.
Represented H.E. Mills Electric Company in its Chapter 11 case.
Represented the Official Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Saigene Corporation.
Represented Mark Calvert, Chapter 11 Trustee of Northwest Territorial Mint LLC.
Represented debtor in Coast Crane Company Chapter 11 liquidation.
Represented Port of Bellingham in the Olympic Boats bankruptcy.
Represented Mark Calvert, Chapter 11 Trustee of the Meridian Mortgage Investment Funds.
Represented the Post-Confirmation Creditors’ Committee in the Chapter 11 proceeding of Lawrence Kates.
Represented Creditors Committee of Liquidation Outlet, Inc.
Represented Lone Tree Point Seafood Company in its Chapter 11 case.
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Bankruptcy Law Section, Past President
- Federal Bar Association of Western Washington
- Bankruptcy Bar Committee, Cochair
- CENTS, Board of Directors
- Turnaround Management Association, Northwest Chapter, President, 2019
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative, 2018-2022
- Recognized as a “Leader in Their Field” by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2012-present
- Selected for inclusion as a Washington Super Lawyer—Rising Star, 2005-2007, 2009-2012
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Seattle, WA)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights Law/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2018-present; “Lawyer of the Year,” 2020
Insights from David
- “Receiverships State Q&A,” Practical Law (Dec. 2021/Jan. 2022)
Outside the Office
When not in the office, David enjoys fishing, hiking, and enjoying the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest, as well as cheering on his hometown Denver Broncos.