Carolyn A. Mount
Carrie Mount is a member of the firm’s litigation group who brings diligence, value, and commitment to clients. Carrie advocates for commercial policyholders in insurance coverage disputes and has assisted policyholders seeking recovery of insurance benefits from Commercial General Liability (CGL), Property, and Builder’s Risk policies. Carrie is well versed in insurance bad faith claims and Washington’s Insurance Fair Conduct Act.
Carrie assists construction clients in variety of disputes, including lien, contract, tort, and post-judgment claims, focusing on efficiency and cost-effective representation. Carrie is also experienced in general commercial litigation, including working with financial services, maritime, and eminent domain clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Carrie worked as a legal extern for King County Court-Appointed Special Advocates, assisting volunteers who advocate on behalf of children dependent on the State for care. Carrie also worked as a judicial extern in the Honorable John. C. Coughenour’s chambers in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Commercial Disputes Plus
Obtained complete dismissals of tort and Consumer Protection Act claims against clients under Rule 12(b)(6).
Attained successful settlements after mediation.
Secured protective orders and resisted motions to compel in discovery.
Recovered attorney fees under Rule 11 based the opposing party’s baseless lawsuit.
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Construction Law Section
- William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court, Member
- Associated General Contractors of America, Washington Chapter, Member
- Risk Management Society, Washington Chapter, Member
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® (Seattle, WA)
- Commercial Litigation, 2024-present
- Selected for inclusion as a Washington Super Lawyer—Rising Star, 2023-present
Outside the Office
When not practicing law, Carrie can be found shuttling her four kids to activities or cooking and baking new recipes. She enjoys visiting Seabrook and the mountains of Washington with her family.