Stacey, an experienced trial lawyer, focuses her practice on construction, insurance recovery, and specialized areas of litigation. On behalf of private owners/developers, general contractors, and subcontractors, Stacey handles a wide array of transactional, claims and disputes related to all aspects of a project. She utilizes her litigation experience to effectively negotiate and draft EPC, design-build, construction, construction management, supply, and design contracts for clients. Over the past several years, Stacey has also developed deep experience in projects related to renewable energy in the Pacific Northwest and throughout the country.
Having worked for a major insurance company for six years as a claims adjuster and underwriter, Stacey has a profound understanding of the many issues at play with insurance coverage disputes. On behalf of policyholders, she represents clients on all types of policies, including Directors & Officers, Builder’s Risk, representations & warranties, property, and business income. Additionally, Stacey has extensive experience serving clients in general business litigation matters, including product liability and personal injury disputes (plaintiff and defense).
Insurance Recovery Plus
Successful settlement resolution of state court insurance coverage recovery action against multiple national and international insurers for multinational manufacturer named as a potentially responsible party in the ongoing extensive Portland Harbor cleanup. As a part of that proceeding, obtained an antisuit injunction prohibiting insurers from continuing with a duplicative action brought by them in another state seeking a declaratory judgment of no coverage. Coverage was sought for the client under insurance policies of predecessor companies that had owned the client's current Portland facility within the Portland Harbor cleanup study area.
- Multnomah Bar Association, member
- Oregon State Bar
- Construction Law Section, board member
- American Bar Association
- Forum on the Construction Industry, member
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, member
- Construction Law Section, member
- Litigation Section, member
- Selected for inclusion as an Oregon Super Lawyer—Rising Star, 2013-2017
Insights from Stacey
- “Recent Developments in Oregon’s Renewable Energy Efforts,” Oregon State Bar, Construction Law Newsletter (Fall 2022)
- “Evaluate Claims Under HB 4212 Before They Are Time-Barred,” National Association of Minority Contractors Oregon, NAMC-Oregon Newsletter, coauthor (Summer 2021)
- “Suit-Limitation Clauses Held Ambiguous When Insurance Carriers Deviated from the Statutory Language," Oregon State Bar Construction Law Section, Construction Law Newsletter (June 2021)
- “Why You Need More Than Just a Certificate of Insurance,” Miller Nash, GroundBreaking News (Apr. 2014)
- “Five Reasons Why Not to Rely on a Certificate of Insurance,” Portland Business Journal (June 2013)
- “We Never Stop Learning – Case Law and Statutory Update,” The Seminar Group, 25th Annual Construction Law seminar (Sept. 2020)
- “Construction Insurance,” Oregon State Bar, Construction Law CLE (Oct. 2015)
- “Insurance Requirements for Public Construction Contracts,” Oregon Law Institute, The Oregon Public Contracting Code CLE Presentation (May 2012)
Outside the Office
Stacey enjoys outdoor activities, including hiking, rafting, kayaking, and spending time with her friends and family, including her toddler son. Her favorite pastime is traveling.