Ryan C. Hall
Ryan Hall focuses his practice on construction law. With an emphasis on litigation, he has represented owners, contractors, and public entities alike and has litigated breach of contract, construction lien foreclosure, and construction defect claims. He has also litigated a variety of matters outside of the construction industry, including employment claims, corporate governance disputes, and adversarial bankruptcy matters.
In addition to his litigation background, Ryan also has experience negotiating and drafting construction contracts, planning and forming business entities, and providing general business advice. He advocates on behalf of his clients by offering thoughtful, client-centric guidance.
Prior to joining Miller Nash, Ryan practiced civil litigation and commercial law in Dallas, Texas.
Construction Litigation Plus
Represents construction contractor in lawsuit against municipal entity for unpaid compensation on public works project (ongoing).
Represented public school district in lawsuit brought by construction contractor claiming breach of contract and violation of Oregon’s Prompt Pay Act. The parties settled the lawsuit on terms favorable to the school district.
Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an Oregon homeowner in private arbitration against a residential construction contractor. The homeowner’s claims included breach of contract, fraud, and unlawful trade practices.
Construction Contracts Plus
Assisted a local nonprofit in negotiating multilateral construction and property agreements in connection with a complex renovation project in downtown Portland.
Advises Washington-based health care system in contract negotiations with multinational construction company concerning the construction of new hospital facilities in downtown Seattle (ongoing).
- Oregon State Bar
- Construction Law Section, 2019-present
- Litigation Section, 2019-present
- Oregon Gay and Lesbian Law Association (OGALLA), 2019-present
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC), 2019-present
- Multnomah Bar Association, 2019-present
- American Bar Association, member, 2016-present
- Forum on Construction Law, 2019-present
- Section of Litigation, 2020-present
- Dallas Bar Association, 2016-present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2016-present
- Tarrant County Bar Association, 2018-present
- Oregon Pride in Business, member
Outside the Office
When Ryan is not training for his next marathon, he enjoys trivia competitions, reading, watching true crime documentaries, and traveling to new and exotic locations.