Catherine A. Shaw
Catherine Shaw is a partner of Miller Nash. Her practice involves transactional law, including public finance, affordable housing, commercial lending, business law, real estate law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Catherine advises borrowers and lenders in tax-exempt financings of housing, schools, and other capital projects. She has also served as counsel to underwriters and trustees and has extensive experience representing financial institutions that serve as credit providers or purchasers in bond transactions.
Catherine advises businesses of all sizes in a variety of areas, including general contract, real estate, and secured and unsecured financing. She also represents clients in all stages of the purchase or sale of stock or assets. Catherine has extensive experience representing financial institutions and borrowers in a variety of commercial loan, bond, and lease transactions.
Affordable Housing Plus
Assisted nonprofit developer in rehabilitation of a historic building and converting it into affordable housing. Advised with respect to structuring the multiple sources of financing. Assisted in negotiations regarding and documentation of bank financing and investment by equity investor.
Assisted nonprofit developer in developing a multiuse project including commercial space and more than 50 units of affordable senior housing. Advised with respect to structuring the ownership entity and financing. Assisted in negotiation and documentation of equity investment by low-income housing tax-credit investor.
Financial Transactions Plus
Negotiated and documented the sale by Roberts Motor Company of its Kenworth truck sales and service business to Pape Trucks (Oregon territory) and NorCal Trucks (Northern California territory). Related sale and leases of environmentally impacted commercial real estate. Related sale of PacLease truck and equipment leasing business. Related negotiation and successful settlement of postclosing indemnification claims. Aggregate transaction size: approximately $20 million.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Portland, OR)
- Public Finance Law, 2007-present; named “Lawyer of the Year” in Public Finance Law (Portland), 2012, 2016
- Banking and Finance Law, 2022
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
Insights from Catherine
- 19th Annual Affordable Housing Conference, Miller Nash (May 2012)
- 18th Annual Affordable Housing Conference, Miller Nash (May 2011)
- 17th Annual Affordable Housing Conference, Miller Nash (May 2010)