Beatrice Bremer Lucas
Beatrice Bremer Lucas focuses her practice on land use and real estate matters. She assists clients, including developers, public entities, and private land owners, with all aspects of land use permitting, including preparing land use applications, navigating the permitting process, and ensuring projects are approved consistent with applicable regulations. She also prepares and negotiates real estate documentation for development, businesses, and other clients, such as purchase and sale agreements, leases, covenants, easements, and boundary agreements. She advises clients on a myriad of issues related to development and real estate.
Before joining Miller Nash, Beatrice worked as an Assistant Attorney General for the Washington State Office of the Attorney General, and as a judicial extern for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, where she assisted with drafting memoranda, reviewing pleadings and motions, and attending hearings. During law school, Beatrice was a member of the Regulatory and Environmental Law and Policy Clinic where she assisted clients with an appeal to the Washington Supreme Court.
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney, 2021-present
Insights from Beatrice
- “Vancouver Seeks to Expand Affordable Housing Opportunities,” Miller Nash, From the Ground Up (April 2023)
- “Opportunity to Advocate for Land Use Changes in Clark County Begins Now,” Miller Nash, From the Ground Up (Feb. 2023)
- “All Bets Are Off: Preempting Major League Baseball’s Monopoly on Sports Betting Data,” 96 Wash. L. Rev. 1537, Comment (Oct. 2020)
Outside the Office
When not working, Beatrice stays busy with her husband, son, three dogs, two cats, and seventeen chickens. She stays active by running, swimming, and playing in an ultimate Frisbee league, but also enjoys reading whenever she has time.