Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents may have certain rights regarding their Personal Information including:
- The right to know the categories of Personal Information that Miller Nash LLP (“Miller Nash”) has collected and the sources from which Miller Nash obtained the Information.
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing Personal Information.
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom Miller Nash has shared Personal Information.
- The right to access the specific pieces of Personal Information Miller Nash has collected, and the right to request the deletion of your Information (see “Your Rights and Choices” below).
Categories of Personal Information Miller Nash collects about you, the sources of that Information, the purpose for the collection, and how Miller Nash shares it.
In addition to the purposes listed in the chart above, we may also use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Miller Nash’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Miller Nash about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
Your Rights and Choices
Below are the rights you may have under the CCPA. There are exceptions, so not all of these rights may apply to you.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Miller Nash disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Miller Nash delete any of your Personal Information that it has collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you have questions regarding these exceptions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request with our Personal Information Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 1-877-220-5858.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons for the denial.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding Miller Nash’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Miller Nash at the email address included below.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
Miller Nash LLP
3400 US Bancorp Tower
111 SW Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
Effective Date: May 15, 2021
Last Reviewed on: May 15, 2021