Lori Hughes has worked with Miller Nash for many years and in a variety of positions leading and managing operations and workflow at the firm. As the firm’s lead operations and information security officer, Lori brings operations, technology, security, and risk prevention together. She focuses on firmwide strategic planning and operational efficiency and through communication, transparency, and innovation she strives to deliver value to our clients and improve upon their experience.
Legal operations drive performance and efficiency in legal organizations. Work once thought to be a single department's responsibility, now crosses multiple operative centers. Lori has coordinated teams across operation centers to implement key initiatives and has led firmwide programs to reduce costs and streamline workflow.
- Association of Legal Administrators, member, 2002-present
- board of directors, 2017-present
- Oregon Chapter president, 2006-2007
- Clark College Paralegal Advisory Board, 2005-2019
- Clark County Skills Center, Legal/Medical Advisory Board, 2004-2013
- Participation in Oregon Food Bank and Sunshine Division activities, bringing food and services to Oregonians
Outside the Office
Time with family and travelling for both work and play creates wonderful new memories. Regular trips to the Oregon Coast and exploring a new city in the U.S. or abroad offer some of the best medicine. The quiet time of gardening and reading supports the other side of life. Everyone needs a balance.