Lori Hughes has worked with Miller Nash for thirty years in a variety of positions, including technology, records management, office management, and security and compliance. As the firm’s information security officer, Lori brings operations, technology, security, and risk prevention together. She focuses on firmwide risk prevention, strategic planning, and operational efficiency. Through communication, transparency, and innovation, she strives to deliver value to firm clients and improve their experience.
Legal operations drive performance and efficiency in legal organizations. Work once thought to be a single department’s responsibility, now crosses multiple operative centers. Lori has coordinated teams across operation centers to implement key initiatives and has led firmwide programs to reduce costs and streamline workflow.
- Association of Legal Administrators, Member, 2002-present
- Oregon Chapter President, 2022-2023
- Membership Ambassador, 2020-present
- Board of Directors, 2017-2020
- Oregon Chapter President, 2006-2007
- Oregon Chapter Board Member, 2004-2008, 2010-2012, 2020-present
- Clark College Paralegal Advisory Board, 2005-2019
- Clark County Skills Center, Legal/Medical Advisory Board, 2004-2013
- Participation in Oregon Food Bank and Sunshine Division activities, bringing food and services to Oregonians
Insights from Lori
Lori has been quoted in cybersecurity and paperless environment articles in the Association of Legal Administrators publication Legal Management and the Oregon State Bar Association Newsletter.
Lori has presented on panels, with colleagues, and individually for the Association of Legal Administrators, the Oregon Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators, the Paralegal Advisory Board of Clark Community College, and the Clark County Skills Center related to positions in the legal community, law firm transition to a paperless environment, public speaking, and leadership topics. Recent presentations include:
- “Office Lease and Design Considerations for 2023 and Beyond,” Association of Legal Administrators Roundtable, Co-Presenter (Jan. 2023)
- Lori co-presented with Cynthia Voth on lease negotiations, hoteling, and designing an office for a hybrid workforce.
Outside the Office
Time with family and travelling for both work and play creates wonderful new memories. Regular trips to the Oregon Coast and exploring a new city in the U.S. or abroad offer some of the best medicine. The quiet time of gardening and reading supports the other side of life. Everyone needs balance.