Lisa Peterson is a paralegal with more than thirty years of experience in the legal field. She primarily supports the firm’s litigation and environmental practice groups. Lisa focuses on complex litigation in a variety of areas, including financial institution, business, construction defect, and insurance defense matters. She also has extensive experience in commercial judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, garnishments, and executions. Lisa is skilled in all aspects of litigation including document management, e-discovery, and trial preparations, all of which include courtroom support, coordinating witnesses, and trial management.
Before joining Miller Nash, Lisa worked in the legal department of U.S. Bancorp, where she assisted attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas, including commercial transactions, workouts, foreclosures, and mergers and acquisitions. She ultimately became a member of the team responsible for managing defensive litigation in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and California. From this work, Lisa understands how banks are organized and how their departments operate, which allows her to effectively support the firm’s financial institution clients.
- Oregon Paralegal Association (OPA), member
- Past board member
- Past advertising coordinator
- Cascadia Technical Academy, Business Principles Program, board member
- YWCA of Clark County SafeChoice Legal Clinic, past volunteer providing pro bono legal services to victims of domestic violence
- Recipient of the 2021 Miller Nash Burbank Award
- Recipient of the 2010 Miller Nash Clifford N. Carlsen, Jr. Pro Bono Award
- Recipient of the 2009-2010 OPA Pro Bono Service Award
- Nominee for the 2009 Miller Nash Clifford N. Carlsen, Jr. Pro Bono Award
Outside the Office
Lisa enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and gardening. She also enjoys supporting the arts in her community.