Brenna Dickey is a PACE® registered paralegal and works extensively in general business and transactions with a focus on mergers and acquisitions; entity formation, maintenance, and governance; contract management and review; and general business, regulatory compliance, and finance matters. She researches and performs due diligence for transactions, corporate diligence issues, and other contractual matters.
Brenna drafts and updates due diligence checklists, reviews possible transaction structures, creates and maintains data rooms, performs UCC, litigation, and lien searches, organizes and prepares closing documents, and drafts and files UCC financing statements. Brenna assists start-up companies and large, established businesses.
Brenna has comprehensive experience drafting organizational and governance documents for various entity types and keeps abreast of all changes to laws and administrative rules affecting entities. She ensures statutorily mandated requirements are met for clients’ companies.
Business & Corporate Transactions Plus
Assist clients with entity formation, operating agreements, and other issues related to establishing a new business.
Performed due diligence for multi-tranche convertible debt offering for privately held, early-stage company.
Assisted with due diligence review and filings related to Cascade Corporation’s $760 million acquisition by Toyota Industries Corporation. The negotiated transaction was structured as a public tender offer followed by a merger of a subsidiary of Toyota Industries into Cascade in which all shares not acquired in the tender offer were acquired for the tender offer price. Prior to the transaction, Cascade was a public reporting company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Assisted privately held Widmer Brothers Brewing Company in a merger with Redhook Ale Brewery, Incorporated, in which Widmer shareholders received SEC-registered stock valued at $50 million.
- Oregon Paralegal Association
- NFPA Primary Representative, 2016-2017, 2019-present
- Ad Hoc Committee Chair, 40th Anniversary Soirée and CEJ Fundraiser, 2019
- NFPA secondary representative, 2014-2016
- Board advisor, 2014-2015
- President, 2013-2014
- Vice president, 2012-2013
- Secretary, 2010-2012
- Board member, 2010-2018
- Corporate Specialty Group, chair, 2010-2016
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. (NFPA)
- Leadership training coordinator, 2017-2018
- Governing documents co-coordinator, 2016-2018
- Education Committee, 2016-2018
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, 2017-present
- Website content coordinator, 2015-2018
- Case law review co-coordinator, 2018-present
- Bylaws Amendment Committee, 2016-2018
- Portland Community College Paralegal Program
- Advisory board member, 2013
- Mentor for Minds Matter of Portland, a nonprofit organization for high-achieving and motivated high school students from low-income families
- Active in local (particularly the Oregon Food Bank) and national organizations related to hunger relief, as well as organizations aiding the homeless and victims of domestic violence
- Oregon Lawyers’ Campaign for Equal Justice, Miller Nash Committee Member for firm’s fundraising efforts
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
- Outstanding Local Leader Award, winner, 2019; nominee, 2018-2019
- Oregon Paralegal Association
- Outstanding Member of the Year, 2013-2014, 2017-2018, 2019-2020
- President’s Award, 2012-2013, 2021-2022
- Outstanding Member Award, 2013, 2017
- Outstanding New Member Award, 2009
Outside the Office
Brenna enjoys the bounties of the Northwest through cooking, eating, biking, drinking, reading, and listening to live music.