Tom Sand was the Managing Partner of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn from 1999 through 2008. An attorney with the firm since 1977, he focuses his practice on general trial practice and civil litigation, with emphasis on securities, employment, and other commercial matters. Tom has successfully tried numerous jury cases in several different state and federal courts, and has argued and won appeals in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Oregon Supreme Court, and the Oregon Court of Appeals. In addition, he has handled hundreds of arbitrations and served as an arbitrator under the auspices of self-regulatory organizations in the securities industry. He is also retained as a mediator to assist parties in resolving their disputes.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Oregon Super Lawyers Magazine Top 50 (2006-present); Top 10 (2008, 2013, 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America for Bet-the-Company Litigation (2006-present)
- Recognized as a "Leader in Their Field" in Chambers USA for General Litigation
- 2004 Distinguished Graduate, Lewis & Clark Law School