Rebecca R. Schach
Rebecca Schach is a member of the firm's employment law and labor relations team, representing employers in Washington and California on a wide range of employment matters. Her practice includes employment litigation in state and federal court, as well as arbitrations, mediations, and trials. Her experience includes defending employers in wage and hour class actions, collective actions, and representative lawsuits.
Rebecca also provides counsel regarding wage and hour issues, H-2A compliance, and COVID-19 prevention policies, including vaccination mandates and safety standards. As part of her practice she has conducted worksite wage-and-hour audits, workplace violence investigations, and supervisor trainings.
Before joining Miller Nash, Rebecca was with a litigation-focused firm in California where her experience included defending employers in Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) litigation, state agency prosecutions, including Cal/OSHA, and federal agency Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Labor investigations.
Defended numerous businesses against wage and hour claims brought by former employees in state and federal court.
Defended private employers against discrimination and retaliation charges filed with the EEOC.
Employment Law Plus
Advised private companies and nonprofit organizations on industry-tailored policies and practices, including preparing employee handbooks, analyzing sick and family leave, counseling on the interactive process with respect to reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and internal auditing on personnel and payroll records.
Advised employers on managing employee discipline and terminations, severance agreements, seasonal layoffs, and preparing for reductions in force.
Conducted trainings for supervisors and front-line employees on various employment law issues.
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member 2016–2021
- Northern California Chapter, Member, 2016–2021
- Advisory Council, Board Member, 2017-2018
- Judicial Extern, for Justice Ron Robie, California Court of Appeal, Third Appellate District, Sacramento, CA, 2014
- King County Bar Association, The Records Project, Pro Bono Attorney
- Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity, Lifetime Member
Outside the Office
Rebecca enjoys reading fiction and watching movies. During her free time, she travels around the country to meet her goal of visiting every ballpark in the United States.