Nancy R. Kornegay
Nancy assists policyholders across a broad spectrum of industries and businesses with their commercial policyholder claims. She regularly represents clients in insurance coverage disputes involving first-party property damage, business interruption, and commercial general liability claims. In addition, Nancy represents and advises corporate clients in D&O, securities, and fidelity claims coverage.
Before joining Miller Nash, Nancy was a founding partner of an insurance recovery boutique firm in Texas. Nancy will continue to serve clients and litigation in Texas, as well as assist the firm’s clients in the Pacific Northwest and nationwide.
Nancy is a Fellow in the American College of Coverage Counsel, the premier association of lawyers who focus their practice on the representation of insurers and policyholders. She also regularly writes and speaks on insurance coverage topics with a focus on D&O and securities claims coverage issues.
Prior to Joining Miller Nash LLP Plus
Successfully arbitrated a multimillion-dollar property damage and business interruption claim for a Texas-based manufacturing client.
Obtained a significant insurance award for a Texas-based school district in a construction defect claim.
Prevailed on appeal of a Texas trial court’s denial of a multimillion-dollar securities claim and then obtained mediated settlement for insured.
- American College of Coverage Counsel
- Co-Chair of the D&O, Management & Professional Liability Committee
- American Bar Association, Member
- Nancy volunteers at the Oregon Food Bank and with various dog rescue groups.
- Fellow, American College of Coverage Counsel
- Recognized as a “Leader in Their Field” by Chambers USA for Insurance—Nationwide, 2013-present
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Portland, OR)
- Insurance Law, 2024-present
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Houston, TX)
- Insurance Law, 2016-2023
- Selected for inclusion as a Texas Super Lawyer, 2019-2020
- Selected as a Rising Star, 2010-2011
Outside the Office
In her free time, Nancy enjoys traveling, hiking, and trying to obedience train her dog.