John F. Neupert
For more than 40 years, John Neupert has represented domestic and international clients in federal and state courts in Oregon, Washington and elsewhere on matters entailing complex commercial litigation. These matters include enforcement of international law on the high seas, corporate governance disputes, tax litigation, professional malpractice, defending lender liability claims, and other complex commercial disputes.
In addition to his service to clients, John has acted as the firm’s general counsel for approximately the last 15 years.
Corporate Governance Plus
Representation of officers, directors and credit union in litigation by credit union members resulting in dismissal of claims and affirmance on appeal.
Representation of investors challenging directors’ decision to sell substantially all of the assets of a Delaware company resulting in substantial recovery for investors.
Tax Litigation Plus
Successful representation at trial of financial industry taxpayer in multimillion dollar refund litigation.
Commercial Litigation Plus
Successful representation at trial defending top-tier interstate bank against lender liability claims, fiduciary duty claims and breach of contract.
Representation of domestic joint venture partner against foreign counterpart for breach of contract resulting in substantial settlement.
Representation of domestic company to secure a judgment against a large Chinese trading company for tortious interference with contract resulting in substantial settlement.
Representation of Japanese companies in securing an injunction against interference with operations on the high seas and successful enforcement through federal court contempt proceedings.
- Multnomah Bar Association, member
- Litigation Section, participant
- American Bar Association, member
- Recognized as a “Leader in Their Field” by Chambers USA for Real Estate
- Recognized as an “Oregon Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation, 2012-present
- Selected for inclusion as an Oregon Super Lawyer, 2006 and 2008-present
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Commercial Litigation, Litigation—Banking and Finance, Litigation—Intellectual Property, and Litigation and Controversy—Tax, 2011-present
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®