Jodi Green is a member of the firm’s cannabis and insurance recovery teams and represents clients in a range of non-litigated and litigated business matters, with specialized experience in international arbitration and appellate matters.
With over ten years of experience focusing solely on insurance coverage, Jodi is familiar with a vast range of insurance forms, with extensive experience handling complex, high-value claims implicating excess commercial general liability and Bermuda Form insurance policies. Jodi has evaluated coverage for disputes arising in a variety of contexts, including: advertising injury, construction defects, employment disputes, healthcare/pharmaceutical claims, and mass tort/products liability, many of which implicated hundreds of millions of dollars or more, such as the Las Vegas Harvest Festival lawsuits and opioid multi-district litigation matters.
Complementing her law practice, Jodi is a prolific writer who is regularly called upon by the media to provide commentary on cannabis and insurance issues. Jodi is also a dynamic public speaker for in-house events, as well as national and international seminars hosted by organizations such as the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Insurance Business America, and Insurance Journal, among others.
Insurance Recovery Plus
Evaluated insurance coverage for thousands of opioid liability claims totaling trillions of dollars
Evaluated insurance coverage for thousands of sexual abuse claims in excess of a billion dollars
Evaluated insurance coverage for construction defect disputes at numerous commercial and residential facilities
Assisted in insurance coverage evaluation and resolution of mass shooting claims in relation to Las Vegas Harvest Festival shooting
Obtained affirmance of trial court judgment on appeal of issue of first impression in California on behalf of subcontractor regarding right to equitable subrogation as to defense costs incurred by insurance company (Carter v. Pulte Home Corp., 52 Cal. App. 5th 571 (Cal. App. 1st Dist. 2020))
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, member, 2019-present
- American Bar Association, member, 2019-present
- Appellate Lawyers Association, member, 2016-2019
- Chicago Bar Association
- Insurance Law Committee, chair, 2015-2016
- Insurance Law Committee, vice-chair, 2014-2015
- YLS Insurance Coverage Committee, co-chair, 2013-2014
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Risk Management & Insurance Committee, member, 2021-present
- Chief (connecting and supporting women executive leaders), member, 2021-present
- Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
- Western Division Associate Board, 2016-2020
- Defense Research Institute
- Writer’s Corner, chair, 2017-2020
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, member, 2019-present
- Selected for inclusion by Super Lawyers—Rising Star, 2016-2020
Outside the Office
In her spare time, Jodi has committed to running a marathon in every state, a counterpoint to her competing love of food and wine. She previously served on the Next Generation Board of Chicago Run, a charity devoted to fighting childhood obesity in Chicago Public Schools through running.