Frank Langfitt provides mediation and arbitration services for a wide range of disputes, with a focus on those related to insurance coverage and corporate governance disputes. Frank has been a successful litigation attorney for more than 46 years in state and federal courts and arbitration.
Early in his practice, Frank represented insurance companies on coverage issues, including general liability, property, directors & officers, and homeowners coverage issues. After a period where he no longer represented insurers, he begin representing policy holders in environmental, general liability, property, and directors & officers coverage disputes. These experiences make Frank uniquely situated to provide insurance coverage mediation and arbitration services because of the depth of his experience on both sides of the issues.
Frank has represented directors, officers, shareholders, and companies regarding corporate issues, including governance and conduct. His representation has included providing advice on corporate governance, risk litigation, and litigation representation.
Frank works with attorneys to design a mediation process that will assist the parties with a goal of a fair and efficient process.
Represented closely held corporation in successful resolution of shareholder dispute over control.
Represented shareholder in closely held corporation to resolve squeeze out by controlling shareholder/relative.
Represented LLC member in dispute over control of company and rights to intellectual property.
Represented minority corporation shareholder of closely held corporation in dispute over corporate control and waste of corporate assets.
Represented founding shareholder/former CEO from shareholder claims of self-dealing, mismanagement, and securities fraud.
Represented FDIC-R in several lawsuits involving breach of fiduciary duty and mismanagement by directors and officers of failed banks.
Represented dairy farmer insureds against insurer for coverage of theft, vandalism, and property damage, resulting in jury verdict for the full amount claimed.
- Federal Bar Association, Oregon Chapter
- board of directors, 2009-2013
- Oregon State Bar
- OSB Litigation Journal, editorial board, 1993-1998
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- board of directors, 1997-present
- board chair, 2010-2012
- Literary Arts
- board of directors, 2008-2014
- treasurer, 2011-2013
- Boys and Girls Aid Society
- board of directors, Portland president, 1996-1997
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation–ERISA (Portland), 2020
- Commercial Litigation, 2008-present
- Litigation—ERISA, 2011-present
- Product Liability Litigation—Defendants, 2011-present
- Recognized as an “Oregon Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation
- General Commercial Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Product Liability, 2008-2014
- Oregon Litigation Star, 2013-2014
- Selected for inclusion as an Oregon Super Lawyer, 2006-present
- Recognized as a “Leader in Their Field” by Chambers USA for General Commercial Litigation
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
Outside the Office
In his spare time, Frank plays squash, works out, rides his road bike, and enjoys reading and spending time with his family.