Intellectual Property Paralegal—Collaborative, dynamic team! (Seattle or Portland)
If you are a team player, love what you do, and are enthusiastic about taking on new work, we want you to be a part of our team!
Miller Nash is an established firm with both strong traditions and modern sensibilities. Although our roots in the Pacific Northwest go back more than a century, we pride ourselves on being creative thinkers who are committed to serving our clients, our community, and each other in smart and innovative ways. Our attorneys and staff enjoy collaborating with one another, and it shows. Candidates and new members of our team often tell us that they are most impressed by the genuine collegiality and caring at our firm. Learn more about us: About Miller Nash.
We are looking for a full-time, proactive, and highly organized Intellectual Property Paralegal with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience to assist in all facets of trademark prosecution and maintenance activities for U.S., Madrid-based, and foreign matters, U.S. copyright filings, and direct correspondence with clients and foreign counsels regarding various IP matters. Some experience with U.S./PCT patent filings is preferred. In addition, this position will:
- Assist with preparation and filing of documents for U.S. and international trademark prosecution and maintenance filings (including USPTO, WIPO, and at the TTAB)
- Monitor and docket all trademark deadlines (familiarity with AltLegal docketing software is preferred)
- Assist with ownership, due diligence, and assignment searches
- Conduct and summarize preliminary trademark availability searches in US and international databases, and coordinate comprehensive searches from outside vendors (familiarity with Corsearch database is preferred)
- Assist with DMCA communications and other takedown requests and related activities
- Prepare and file U.S. copyright applications
- May assist with preparation and filing of U.S. and PCT patent applications, as needed
- Fully remote position (in the office on an as needed basis),
- Full benefits package: medical, dental, life, long term disability, and more,
- 401k and Profit Sharing,
- Up to 10 ½ paid holidays,
- Paid professional membership dues,
- On-site training classes,
- Access to free gym onsite,
- Regular firm events and socials,
- and more!
This position can be based out of our Portland, OR, or Seattle, WA office locations.
Our Portland office is located in the US Bancorp Tower in downtown Portland, the second tallest building in the city and affectionately known as ‘Big Pink.’
Our Seattle office is located on the Seattle waterfront on historic Pier 70. We are at the intersection of Alaskan Way and Broad Street and adjacent to the Seattle Art Museum Olympic Sculpture Park and Myrtle Edwards Park.
If you are qualified and interested in being a part of our collaborative team, please APPLY. Cover letter and resume must be included with your application in order to be considered as a candidate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.millernash.com job postings and HR mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Miller Nash LLP (MN) and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if MN hires the candidate. Direct contact with MN employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.