First-Year Law Student Diversity Fellowship—Portland, Oregon
Miller Nash LLP (MN), a full-service, regional law firm, is dedicated to providing superior and comprehensive legal services to a wide range of prominent businesses, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals. We recognize that diversity is a fundamental part of providing quality legal services, but that historical disadvantages have led to the underrepresentation of certain diverse groups within the legal profession, particularly among racial and ethnic minorities, persons that identify as LGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. MN is dedicated to increasing and promoting diversity and representation of historically underrepresented groups, both within the firm and within the region’s legal, business, public-sector, and philanthropic communities.
As part of our mission to advance diversity and inclusion, MN has created a multifaceted Diversity Program that includes our 1L diversity fellowship. MN will be offering one fellowship in our Portland office in 2024. The recipient will receive a paid (Portland–$2,800/week), ten-week summer associate position, and after successful completion of the summer associate fellowship, will be awarded a $15,000 scholarship. The recipient will also be eligible to participate in medical, 401(k), Business Travel Accident, and the Employee Assistance Plan benefits.
Miller Nash is an equal opportunity employer (including disability/veterans) committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
To apply for the fellowship, you must:
- Be a first-year student in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school;
- Intend to work, live, and practice law in the Pacific Northwest following graduation;
- Be willing and able to fill a summer associate position at MN for up to ten weeks; and
- Demonstrate academic excellence, strong interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, and meaningful contributions to the community.
Application Materials Required
- Statement of interest (two to five pages), in which you describe how you will aid MN in its mission to increase and promote diversity and inclusion, which may include the following:
- Significant community organizations or projects in which you have participated;
- Leadership roles you have held and the lessons you have learned from those experiences; or
- Other qualifications, professional experiences, life experiences, or indicators of success
Application Submission Details
Applications for the first-year fellowship will be accepted beginning December 1, 2023. Apply after December 1 by uploading your materials listed above here. If you have any questions, please email MNRecruiting@millernash.com.
5:00 p.m. (PST) on January 5, 2024