Miller Nash offers a broad range of services and deep industry knowledge to its oil and gas clients, having worked in the sector for more than 40 years. Our longstanding presence in the petroleum industry spans representation of global energy entities, local vendors, and everything in between. We pioneered the concept that development of industry knowledge is key to providing effective legal services and provide our oil and gas clients with multidisciplinary teams that include skilled litigation and transactional attorneys with decades of hands-on experience. Up and down the West Coast, our attorneys remain ahead of the curve on relevant industry, regulatory, and legal issues to deliver sound solutions to the unique and often complex challenges oil and gas clients face.
Our attorneys advise on upstream, midstream, and downstream assets, and represent oil and gas refiners, petrochemical, petroleum and production companies, marketers, distributors, vendors, suppliers, and other services companies.
We have in-depth knowledge and experience in:
- Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA) and downstream distribution issues
- Remediation of contaminated sites
- Spills and emergency response
- Cleanup cost recovery
- Real estate acquisition and land use
- Insurance coverage
- Vendor and franchise contracts
- Business acquisitions and reorganizations
- Premises and product liability litigation
- Regulatory compliance
- Defense of regulatory enforcement actions
- Labor and employment
- Litigation, mediation, and arbitration